Location: Eastern China: Shanghai metropolitan area and surrounding regions
Event: Tropical storm Kong-Rey will potentially bring scattered showers and strong winds to Eastern China today and Saturday. Kong-Rey is expected to weaken on Saturday, October 6. The tropical storm is moving towards Korea’s southeast coast and southwestern Japan.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Visit the Joint Typhoon Warning Center and Tropical Storm Risk (TSR) for updated storm tracking information.
- U.S. Consulate General in Shanghai, China, +86 21 8011-2400(24 hrs), ShanghaiACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- China Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us at WeChat ID: Shanghai ACS