Location: Eastern China
Event: The China Meteorological Administration on September 2 issued a yellow typhoon warning – level three – for Typhoon Hinnamnor. Typhoon Hinnamnor is forecasted to reach the same latitude as Shanghai on September 5 mid-morning with wind strengths of about 120-130 mph before shifting towards South Korea and Japan. Strong winds and moderate-to-heavy rain are forecast for Shanghai, Zhejiang, and Jiangsu. Severe weather for the region is forecasted is to peak on September 4-5, with coastal areas experiencing winds of 24-47 mph and gusts up to 64 mph.
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Visit the Joint Typhoon Warning Center and Tropical Storm Risk (TSR) for updated storm tracking information.
- U.S. Consulate General in Shanghai, China, +86 21 8011-2400(24 hrs), ShanghaiACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- China Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us at WeChat ID: Shanghai ACS