Location: Eastern China: Zhejiang Province, Shanghai metropolitan area, and surrounding regions
Event: Typhoon Lekima will bring high winds, heavy rainfall, dangerous seas, and possible flooding and mudslides to Eastern China when it is expected to make landfall on Saturday, August 10, in Zhejiang Province near Wenzhou and Taizhou. It is expected to weaken by the time the storm reaches the Shanghai area on Sunday. Transportation delays for air and road travel are likely.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Visit the Joint Typhoon Warning Centerand Tropical Storm Risk (TSR)for updated storm tracking information.
- U.S. Consulate General in Shanghai, China, +86 21 8011-2400(24 hrs), ShanghaiACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- China Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us at WeChat ID: Shanghai ACS