Weather Alert – U.S. Consulate General Shanghai (August 11, 2018)
Location: eastern China (Shanghai metropolitan area and surrounding regions).
Event: Tropical Storm Yagi will bring potentially flooding rain and strong winds (35 to 45 mph) to eastern China tomorrow or early Monday. Yagi is currently south of Okinawa moving northwest at 15 mph. The storm is expected to make landfall in the late hours of Sunday, August 12 or early morning hours of Monday, August 13. The storm is expected to move towards the northwest and dissipate by late Monday or early Tuesday.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Visit the Joint Typhoon Warning Center and Tropical Storm Risk (TSR) for updated storm tracking information.
- U.S. Consulate General in Shanghai, China, +86 21 8011-2400 (24 hrs), ShanghaiACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- China Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us at WeChat ID: Shanghai ACS