Location: Eastern China: southern portion of Zhejiang and northern portion of Fujian
Event: Typhoon Maria will bring potentially flooding rain and strong winds to Eastern China tomorrow and later this week. Maria is expected to make landfall over southern Zhejiang and northern Fujian in the morning hours of Wednesday, July 11. The typhoon is expected to move towards the northwest by late Wednesday and dissipate by Thursday.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Visit the Joint Typhoon Warning Centerand Tropical Storm Risk (TSR)for updated storm tracking information.
- U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou, China, +86 10 8531 4000 (24 hrs), GuangzhouACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- China Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us at WeChat ID: GuangzhouACS