Weather Alert – U. S. Consulate Guangzhou, China (September 14, 2018)
Location: Guangdong Province; Hainan Province
Event: Super Typhoon Mangkhut could make landfall near Guangdong and Hainan provinces, China between September 15th to September 16th. The Chinese government has issued a warning for Guangdong and Hainan areas. If landfall occurs, those living in impacted areas should expect extremely high winds, dangerous storm tides, heavy rainfall, and possible flooding to occur.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Visit the Joint Typhoon Warning Center and Tropical Storm Risk (TSR) for updated storm tracking information.
- U.S. Consulate Guangzhou, China +86-20-3814-5775, +86-10-8531-4000 (24 hr) GuangzhouACS@state.gov https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747202-501-4444
- China Country Information China Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on WeChat: GuangzhouACS