An official website of the United States government

Returning Resident Visa

A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa to enter the United States and resume permanent residence.  To apply for the Returning Resident visa,  you must contact the Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate Guangzhou via email inquiry form to schedule an initial appointment at the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou to determine eligibility.  You can learn more about Returning Resident Visas on usvisas.state.gov and ustraveldocs.com.