The most updated information on absentee voting for Americans living abroad is available from two sources – the Department of State Overseas Voting information, and the information provided by the Federal Voting Assistance Program.  Please visit these websites to learn about deadlines and procedures for registering and voting.

For additional questions about absentee voting, a Voting Assistance Officer can be reached at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  When requesting voting information by e-mail, please indicate your name, current address in China and your last legal state of residence in the United States.  The U.S. Embassy and Consulates accept the submission of election ballots during business hours without the need for an appointment.  Please email the U.S. Embassy/Consulate with any questions.”