Routine ACS Services
To better serve customers and reduce waiting times, all routine services in ACS are by appointment only.
To make an appointment for filing an immigration petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of the Department of Homeland Security (USCIS) please visit their website at https://uscis.gov/.
Visitors may receive several services on the same visit to ACS (i.e. a passport renewal and a notary, or a passport renewal for one family member). If you need more than one service on your visit, please make a separate appointment for each individual service. Appointments include:
- Applying for a U.S. passport for minors and adults – including renewal, lost/stolen and first issuance
- Applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and first U.S. passport for children born outside the United States (Note: CRBA appointments in Beijing and Guangzhou cannot be reserved using the online appointment system.)
- Notarial services
- Marriageability affidavit
Please click here to access the calendar to make or cancel an appointment. Please note an appointment confirmation sheet must be presented to the security guard at the Embassy or Consulate entrance. We recommend making your appointment on a computer with a connected printer. Please confirm AND print your confirmation sheet by clicking the left top “Print” button before closing the window.
Please arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes before your appointment time. Scheduled appointments will be automatically canceled for applicants who arrive more than fifteen (15) minutes after their scheduled time. Applicants who arrive late must make a new appointment via the ACS website.
- The appointment password is NOT retrievable. Remember to write/copy your password from the Appointment Details Screen, in case you need to change/cancel your appointment.
- Rebooking an appointment is NOT allowed until your prior appointment has been cancelled in the system.
- A printed copy of your “Appointment Confirmation” is required for entry into the U.S. Embassy or Consulates. We recommend making your appointment on a computer with a connected printer.
No Appointment Necessary for the Following Services
- Apply for Consular Report of Death Abroad (CRODA)
- Report a passport lost/stolen when you are in urgent need to travel outside of China. Bring proof of pending travel to ACS office
- Pick up passport and/or Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) upon notification they are ready
- Pick up Social Security checks or ask questions about Social Security benefits
- Submit additional documents requested for a pending passport application
- Register to vote
For information regarding renunciation of U.S. citizenship, please click here.
Please note that due to the complexity of the renunciation process, applicants cannot make an appointment for a renunciation interview via our website. Please send your request for a renunciation interview via email.