An official website of the United States government

Emergency Contacts – All Locations

U.S. Embassy Beijing: has jurisdiction over Beijing, Tianjin, Gansu, Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Inner Mongolia, Jiangxi, Ningxia, Qinghai, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanxi, Xinjiang, Chongqing, Guizhou, Sichuan, Yunnan, Tibet

Note: If you are currently in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), please contact the Swedish Embassy in Pyongyang, add: Munsu-dong, Taehak Street, Taedonggang District, Pyongyang, DPRK, Tel:(00850) 2-381-7485.  If you need to contact someone in China regarding consular services for Americans in DPRK, please contact the U.S. Embassy in Beijing.

Address: No. 55 An Jia Lou Road, Chaoyang, Beijing
Tel: 010-8531 4000 or 011-86-10-8531 4000 if you are calling from the U.S.
Fax: 010-8531 3300 
Email: BeijingACS@state.gov

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou: has jurisdiction over Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan

Address: No. 43 Huajiu Road, Zhujiang New Town, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong
Tel: 020-3814 5775 or 011-86-20-3814 5775 if you are calling from the U.S.
Fax: 020-3814 5572
Email: GuangzhouACS@state.gov

U.S. Consulate General Shanghai: has jurisdiction over Shanghai, Anhui, Jiangsu, Zhejiang

Address: 9/F, Westgate Mall, No. 1038 West Nanjing Road, Shanghai
Tel: 021-8011-2400 or 011-86-21-8011-2400 if you are calling from the U.S.
If this number does not work, please call 010-8531 4000, or 011-86-10-8531 4000 if you are calling from the U.S.
Fax: 021-6148-8266
Email: ShanghaiACS@state.gov

U.S. Consulate General Shenyang: has jurisdiction over Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning

Address: No. 52, Shisi Wei Road, Heping District, Shenyang, Liaoning
Tel: 024-2335 5188024-2322 1198 ext. 5188 or 011-86-24-2322 1198 if you are calling from the U.S.
Fax: 024-2323 1465
Email: ShenyangACS@state.gov

U.S. Consulate General Wuhan: (Consulate General Wuhan is not yet open for consular services. Those seeking consular services should contact the U.S. Embassy in Beijing.)
Tel: 027-8555 7791 or 011-86-27-8555 7791 if you are calling from the U.S.

Air Medical Evacuation Resources – click here for a list of air ambulance service providers covering China.

Important Telephone Numbers

If you are the victim of a crime please call the police immediately, the number listed is the same throughout China: Police 110

In the case of a fire incident please call: Fire 119

In the case of a medical emergency needing transportation to a hospital please call: Ambulance 120

In the case of traffic accidents please call: Traffic police 122

For emergency assistance, lost or stolen passports, arrests and detained cases please call the nearest Embassy or Consulate.

Emergency Preparedness

Among the highest priorities of the Department of State and our missions abroad is the safety and security of locally-resident Americans overseas. In the past year the Department has intervened to assist in the evacuation of Americans from half a dozen countries throughout the world, as a result of serious political or economic unrest, natural disasters, and terrorist attacks. Hundreds of expatriate Americans each year are forced by personal emergencies (e.g. death or illness in the family) to return to the United States on short notice. Evacuations, especially under crisis conditions, are inevitably very disruptive and distressing for those involved. The State Department routinely provides standard advice to its employees on prudent steps to take to ensure they would be prepared in the event of such an evacuation. This and other advice on crisis preparedness is available on the Department’s website at https://travel.state.gov/.

Be Prepared
To prepare for an emergency situation, we recommend taking these elementary preparedness steps:

Create an emergency plan. This includes establishing meeting points, should any family members become separated, evacuation routes, and collecting a disaster kit. For more information on creating an emergency plan and a disaster kit, please visit www.Ready.gov.

Assemble all vital documents such as passports, birth and marriage records, vaccination, insurance and bank records in one readily accessible location.

Keep your passport and visa valid and enroll in the Embassy’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.  Non U.S. citizen, immediate family members should keep their U.S. visas current, and apply for visas with as much time in advance of planned travel as possible.

Decide how to contact family members if they are away from home, keeping in mind that phone service may be unavailable.