Health Alert Update – Novel Coronavirus in China
Location: Wuhan, Hankou area
Event: U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a Watch Level 1 Alert (be aware and practice usual precautions) for an outbreak of pneumonia in Wuhan, China, preliminarily identified to be caused by a novel (new) coronavirus.
Travelers to Wuhan should:
- Avoid animals (alive or dead), animal markets, and products that come from animals (such as uncooked meat).
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Wash hands often with soap and water.
- Consult the CDC Website for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
If you have traveled to Wuhan and feel sick, you should
- Stay home. Except for seeking medical care, avoid contact with others.
- Don’t travel while sick.
- Seek medical care right away. Before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell the doctor about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
Please see https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/watch/novel-coronavirus-china and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/novel-coronavirus-2019.html for further updates.