Location: Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, People’s Republic of China
Event: Local health authorities are expanding COVID-19 measures across Guangzhou and for persons departing the city. As of 10 p.m. tonight, May 31, persons departing Guangzhou via airport, railway, and coach terminals should present a green health code and negative COVID-19 test results from within the last 72 hours. Those departing the city by car should present negative COVID-19 test results from within the last 72 hours.
Local health authorities have recently identified COVID-19 cases in Guangzhou’s Liwan district, Shenzhen’s Yantian district, and several other locations in Guangdong Province. Elevated risk levels in these areas have led local authorities to implement prevention and control measures that include mass testing, cancellation of public events, school closures, and disruption of public transportation. The U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou encourages all U.S. citizens to comply with local authorities’ COVID-19 prevention procedures and to maintain caution when traveling.
The U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in China and in other locations worldwide. The most current information regarding the impact of COVID-19 may be found at our COVID-19 Information Page at https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/covid-19-information/. If you find yourself in an emergency, please call the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou at +(86)(10) 3814-5000 or e-mail GuangzhouACS@state.gov.
Guidance from local authorities continues to evolve with the situation. If you need assistance to understand the guidance, call the Guangzhou Multilingual Public Service Hotline at 960169, or Guangzhou Public Health Hotline at 12320. English-language information from Guangzhou authorities is available at http://www.gz.gov.cn/guangzhouinternational/.
Actions to Take:
- For the latest requirements on entering China, please refer to the Chinese Embassy’s page at this link.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in China.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou
Telephone: +(86)(20) 3814-5000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(86)(10) 8531-4000
Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444