Please click below for more information on the available positions.
If the page is blank, no positions are currently being advertised. Please revisit this site in a few days to check if new positions have opened.
Employment Opportunities Open to All Interested Candidates
- None at this moment
Employment Opportunities Open to Current Employees of the U.S. Mission China
- None at this moment
Employment Opportunities for Family Members and Diplomats at U.S. Consulate General Wuhan
Important: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
Equal Employment Opportunity: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
To submit applications:
- Make sure that all documents are in Word or Pdf format.
- Make sure that the application is in English.
- If applying as an EFM or MOH, also, include in your email the name and section of your sponsor at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing, as well as the date of your arrival at post if you are not yet in Beijing. As an EFM, you will receive hiring preference. However, it is your responsibility to indicate your EFM status.
- Send all documents via email to WuhanHR@state.gov.
Quote the position title and your name in the subject line of your email.
- All applications will be reviewed to assess whether the candidate meets the eligibility and qualification requirements stated in the vacancy announcement. HR will contact candidates who are selected for an interview, and inform candidates who are not selected.
- All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must already have relevant documentation to permanently and legally reside and work in China to be eligible for consideration.
- Applications that do not have the necessary information will not be considered.
- Applications that do not include the qualification certificates required by the Vacancy Announcement will not be considered.
- Only applications sent to WuhanHR@state.gov wil
l be considered.