Please click below for more information on the available positions.
Open to All Interested Candidates:
- MSG Residence (Chef) (Open Until Filled) (PDF 193KB)
Current announcements open only to EFMs
Employment Opportunities at U.S. Consulate General Chengdu for Family Members
The following positions are open only to Eligible Family Members (EFMs) who hold a diplomatic “W” visa and have a spouse or direct family member who is a U.S. government employee assigned to Consulate General Chengdu. Please see definitions for more information.
If you are not eligible for positions listed here, you may be eligible for positions open to Locally Employed Staff (LES).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted in English and in Word or PDF format to ChengduMGMTHRAmericans@state.gov. The subject line must include the position title and your name. The body of the email must include the name and section of your sponsor at US Consulate General Chengdu as well as the date of your arrival at post if you are not yet in Chengdu. Applications must contain the following attachments:
- Required: Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174) (PDF 640 KB).
- Required: HR Bio (PDF 245 KB)
- Required: Copy of passport and visa showing Chinese Government approval to legally reside and work for the U.S. Government in China.
- Required (if applicable): Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their DD-214 form with their application. If the DD-214 is not submitted with the application, the applicant will not be considered for Veterans preference.
- Required (if applicable): Candidates who have previously worked for the U.S. Government should provide a copy of their most recent SF-50.
- Recommended: A cover letter addressing the required qualifications detailed in the vacancy announcement and how the applicant meets these qualifications.
- Optional: Any other documentation (e.g. resume/CV, essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Only complete applications received by the application deadline will be considered. All applications will be screened to determine whether the candidate meets the eligibility and qualifications requirements as stated in the vacancy announcement. HR will inform candidates of their application status after the qualification review is complete.
If nothing is listed below, then no positions are currently being advertised. Please revisit this site periodically to check if new positions have opened.