U.S. visa application services will be provided to visa applicants by our authorized partner, 

To learn about the visa application process, pay the visa application fee online, and schedule an appointment, please visit the visa application website.

EVUS Inquiry If you have an issue with an EVUS enrollment, you can contact the EVUS Call Center at  +01-202-325-0180. The Call Center is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, but is closed on U.S. federal holidays. You may also contact the Call Center by email at The Call Center is available to answer questions travelers might have regarding EVUS and unsuccessful enrollments.   United States Embassies and Consulates are not able to provide details about EVUS enrollments or resolve issues that cause an unsuccessful enrollment.

Monday – Friday: AM 8:00 ~ 12:00
We are closed on American and Chinese holidays.

Visa applicants should arrive at the Consulate at their scheduled appointment time. The appointment time is the time at which the applicant may get in line to enter the Consulate facility; it is not the time at which the applicant will interview with the visa officer. Any applicant who arrives more than 30 minutes before their appointment time may be denied entry into the Consulate.Visa applicants must pass through a security checkpoint. Applicants cannot bring cell phones, electronic devices (such as laptops, PDAs, MP3 players, cameras etc.) or any bags except small handbags, purses, or plastic bags into the U.S. Consulate in Chengdu. Please note that the Consulate cannot provide storage for applicants; applicants will be turned away if they bring any of the prohibited items mentioned above.Applicants should bring to their appointment only their passports, their National Identification Card, and application materials.

When applying for a U.S. visa, please be aware of the fraud warning from the U.S. Department of State.

  • The Consular Section welcomes any information you may have about U.S. passport abuse, visa abuse, application dishonesty, as well as any other passport or visa-related wrongdoing.

    You can report fraud simply by completing the form below. Please provide us with only the information that is specifically relevant to the fraud, including the perpetrator’s full name and birthdate as well as the nature of his or her wrongdoing. You can also attach relevant, electronic documents (like cell phone photos of visas, ID, passport pages, etc.) to your message by using the button below, or send them via email to

    We encourage you to provide your name and contact information so that we can follow up with any questions about your tip. Providing your contact information, however, is optional.

  • Confidentiality Policy: We protect your identity and do not disclose your personal information.
  • Your Information:

  • Reported Persons Information:

  • (Limited to 500 characters only)
  • Attach Documents:

  • You can also report fraud by sending a message to our email address:

To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to

  • To send successfully, you must fill in all the required fields marked by an asterisk *

  • Day12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031
  • (optional)
  • General InquiryCheck the status of a caseProvide additional information requested by visa officerMy case is pending, but I need my passport to travelThe information printed on my visa is not correctOther
  1. Lost and Stolen Green Cards and Reentry Permits

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues alien registration cards (I-551) to immigrants who are legally admitted for residence in the United States.  Alien registration cards (commonly known as “green cards” or “permanent resident cards”) can only be issued or replaced in the United States and can never be obtained overseas.  A green card is required for re-entry into the United States as a legal permanent resident.

If your green card or reentry permit has been lost, stolen, or is expired you may be able to obtain a “boarding foil” authorizing an airline or other transportation company to transport you to the United States without penalty.  Information on boarding foil eligibility and cost is available from the USCIS website (  Please note that we cannot pre-adjudicate eligibility for a boarding foil, nor can we answer questions about whether there are alternative means to return to the U.S.  For inquiries, please refer to the nearest USCIS Field Office (

To apply for a boarding foil, please contact  Please provide your full name, date of birth, passport information, and phone and email contact information.  Consular staff will contact you to arrange an afternoon appointment.

If you plan to file a Form I-131A to apply for a LPR boarding foil, please note that you must pay the filing fee online on the USCIS website  before appearing in person at a consular section.  Information on the new form and fee is located here.  You must bring evidence of payment, in the form of a printed email receipt notice or confirmation page, when you appear in person to file Form I-131A.  As with all immigration fees, USCIS does not issue refunds, regardless of the decision on the application.

You may find additional information on and instructions for the I-131A on the I-131A Form and Instructions page.

For your Consulate appointment, please bring the following documents:

  • Completed Form I-131A
  • Proof of fee payment
  • Your valid passport
  • Proof of date of last departure from the United States, including copies of your passport biographic page and arrival-departure stamps
  • A photo matching current visa photo standards. Please click herefor more information.
  • If available, your green card (I-551) or a high-quality photocopy.
  • Details on how Form-551 was lost.  Note that you will need to provide:
  1. Local police report if Form I-551 was lost/stolen in China or
  2. Self-affidavit explanation with 50 USD notarial fee to be processed at the Consulate if Form I-551 was lost/stolen outside of China;

Note: Applicants who were issued a conditional resident card valid for two years should also bring proof that they have filed form I-751, the Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence, with USCIS.

The minimum processing time for this service is three to five business days from time of interview. If issued, your boarding foil is only valid for 30 days and one entry. Once your boarding foil is ready, you will be notified for passport pick-up.

  1. Lapsed Green Cards

A Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) whose status has lapsed due to a failure to maintain a residence in the United States may in certain circumstances be granted an SB1 visa allowing readmission.  Chengdu ACS does not process SB1 applications. Please visit the CGI Stanley/ Guangzhou Consulate website for more information.

  1. Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status

Since July 1, 2019, USCIS no longer accepts Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status at international field offices. If you wish to abandon your permanent residence status and relinquish your green card, and are outside of the United States or at a port of entry, please download and complete Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status. Please note that visa applicants are not required to give up permanent residence cards as a condition to visa issuance.

Individuals who wish to voluntarily record abandonment of their lawful permanent resident (LPR) status must submit the Form I-407 via regular or express mail to:

USCIS Eastern Forms Center
Attn: I-407 Unit
124 Leroy Road
PO Box 567
Williston, VT 05495

Required documents:

  • Completed, signed Form I-407, or signed statement of abandonment;
  • Form I-551 (your permanent resident card), if available. If not available, the appropriate box in Part 1, item 11.b should be checked;
  • All other issued USCIS booklets and cards, if applicable.

Please note- you must sign the I-407 form, and provide your alien registration number (A-Number), or else it will not be accepted by USCIS. If you file an I-407 on behalf of a minor (a child 17 years of age or younger), both parents/guardians must sign the form or an individual parent/guardian must submit documentation proving he/she may solely sign for the minor.

No interview or appointment is required if you submit your I-407 by mail.