The Chengdu American Center (CAC) is a place for cultural activities, educational resources, and offices which coordinate and support cultural and educational exchanges between China and the United States. The CAC is open to the public Monday through Friday, from 9:00AM to 12:00PM and from 1:00PM to 5:00PM, except on official holidays.
Chengdu American Center programs feature real insights from subject matter experts, such as American authors, historians, journalists, distinguished scholars, prominent business leaders and Fulbright lecturers. Examples of our programs include:
- Weekly lectures, discussions, and workshops in English on a range of subjects that connect Chinese and American interests, covering everything from salsa dancing lessons to American politics.
- Monthly movie screenings followed by discussion sessions with Consulate staff.
- Group advising sessions offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study abroad in the United States, with a variety of university and college representatives from the United States and our onsite EducationUSA Advisor.
Chengdu American Center Program
Chengdu American Center provides free research and reference services for Chinese officials, scholars, journalists, researchers, professionals, and other members of the general public on various aspects of the United States. Users are encouraged to contact the CAC in advance to discuss their queries with reference staff.
- Lending Library:Books can be borrowed by the public. Please contact IRC staff for details.Online Catalogue
- Orientations:IRC staff can give general or subject-specific orientations on the resources and services of the IRC either to individuals or to groups of researchers and students. Please contact the IRC to make appointments.
- Internet Training: You are welcome to come to the IRC to learn how to use the Internet efficiently and effectively. Our trained staff can show you the best search engines to use and web sites related to your subject interests. Advance appointments are required.
- EducationUSA Advising Center: Our onsite EducationUSA Advisor offers group and one-on-one advising sessions to provide accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study abroad in the United States.
Opening Time to the Public:
09:00a.m.-12:00p.m. and 13:00a.m.-16:30p.m.
Monday-Friday, except Holidays
eLibraryUSA – An American Digital Library
eLibraryUSA is a virtual online library provided by the Bureau of International Information Programs (IIP) in the U.S. Department of State. It gives members of Information Resource Centers, American Corners, and other American Spaces around the world access to information that Americans find at their public libraries. This assortment of 30 authoritative and up-to-date databases provides access to information on a broad range of topics including English language learning, science, American history and culture, global issues, health, business, and much more.
Anyone can use eLibraryUSA at the Information Resource Center (IRC).
Chengdu American Center Library maintains a book collection of over 1,000 volumes focused primarily on American studies. The IRC is constantly adding new titles to its collection.
Chengdu American Center Library has a growing collection of DVDs on a diverse range of topics related to the United States.
Chengdu American Center Library subscribes to approximately 40 periodicals in paper, covering a wide range of subject areas.
Chengdu American Center Library has a collection of popular games in the United States, including Monopoly, Careers, 10 Days in the Americas, Pictionary. Click here for Game collections.