An official website of the United States government

USCIS Beijing Field Office

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the federal agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States. We are a division of the Department of Homeland Security. To learn more about the USCIS mission and core values, please click here.

The Beijing Field Office is an overseas component of USCIS. We have jurisdiction over the following regions within China:

Beijing, Hebei, Heilongjiang, Inner Mongolia, Jilin, Liaoning, Shanghai, Shanxi, Tianjin. Please note that the USCIS Guangzhou Field Office has jurisdiction over the remainder of China.


The following are links to information pages regarding some of the services provided by our office:

Location and Contact Information

Mailing Address

Please address all correspondence to our office as follows:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Embassy Beijing
No. 55 An Jia Lou Road
Beijing, China 100600


Office Location 

For appointments at the USCIS Beijing Field Office, enter through the Embassy’s east gate. The east gate is located at the Tian Ze Road Intersection of An Jia Lou Road, opposite the Kempinski Hotel and Lufthansa Shopping Center. The nearest subway location is the Liangmaqiao stop on line #10. Our full address is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Embassy Beijing
No. 55 An Jia Lou Road (安家楼路)
Beijing, China 100600


Visiting Our Office

Please be advised that our office does not take customers on a walk-in basis. All individuals who would like to visit the office must make an appointment and are required to present government-issued photo identification upon arrival.

Please note that no bags and electronic devices are allowed to the U.S. Embassy Compound. Please do not bring these items to your appointment.

For information regarding the dates on which our office is closed, please see the following listing of U.S. and Chinese holidays.

Email and Fax Numbers


I-730 Email:

(010) 8531-3100 (from within China)
011 (8610) 8531-3100 (from the United States)

Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130)

Please file the I-130 petition online.


Abandonment of Status (Form I-407)

Please file the I-407 with the Eastern Form Center .

Transportation Letters

As of November 1, 2019, the processing of form I-131A at US Embassy Beijing has been transferred to the Department of State.  Instructions on how to file can be found here.


Outside the U.S. For More than One Year

If you have been outside of the United States for more than one year without a reentry permit (or more than two years with a reentry permit), you will need to either seek a Returning Resident Visa (SB-1) with the Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy nearest to you, or consult with the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over the country in which you are traveling about an alternative travel document.

For information about maintaining your residency receiving your Green Card, see our After a Green Card is Granted page.


Please note that the Beijing Field Office does not issue immigrant or nonimmigrant visas. For in-depth information about visas, please visit Visa Services in the U.S. Department of State website or the Non-Immigrant Visa Section of the U.S. Embassy in Beijing.