My Five Favorites
Jill Elaine M., 58.
Homemaker, retired nurse, and aspiring floral farm designer.
- My family is definitely my most favorite thing!
- Our dog Renny, which is a Celtic name meaning “small but mighty.” He is much beloved and will be 13 years old in June. He travels with us frequently by car. He loves boat rides.
- I collect vintage plates, especially plates with flowers.
- I love making art with flowers and nature. I grow and gather flowers and objects and create “flat lay” displays or bouquets. I then use photography to capture what I create. I turn them into pictures, tiles, or stationary.
- One of my favorite places in the United States is Torch Lake in the state of Michigan.
My Favorite Places
My Favorite Places Davie, Florida
My house in Davie, Florida is one of my favorite places because it’s always warm and sunny for at least part of the day in South Florida. I go to college in Hanover, New Hampshire, where about half the year is very cold and I always have to wear a coat, so I love coming home to my backyard and being able to read and listen to music under the sun.
My Five Favorites
Pet:My pets are two small Chihuahuas who love to run around and play with each other. We take them for walks in the woods to get them exercise and they chase each other all around!
My Favorite Cityscapes/Landscapes Keith B.
I live in New Orleans so I’malmost required to submit something about Mardi Gras,*right?The holiday is marked by parades that roll past huge historic homes along one of the city’s grandest streets each night for more than a week before Fat Tuesday.
My Favorite Art Leah P.
I am pursuing a Masters degree in mechanical engineering. I got interested in engineering partially because I am an artist. I love to experiment with different materials to make things that other people can interact with.
My Favorite Books Nathan E.
Alice in Wonderlandby Lewis CarrollThis is one of my favorite books from childhood, which I later had the pleasure of performing in the form of ballet. I will never forget the whimsy of the characters, and the audacity of Alice, the main character. It is one of the first books that taught me the fun that could be had with language.