On this page, you will find a quick description of resources available for companies in China considering investments in the United States and some suggestions for getting started.
Investing in the USA
The SelectUSA initiative is designed to showcase the United States as the world’s premier business location and to provide easy access to federal-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
Below are some practical steps a potential investor (or exporter) should follow to make best use of U.S. Government services.
- Visit the SelectUSA.gov website for general information about investing in the United States. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as location for business and investment, from a vast domestic market, to a transparent legal system, to the most innovative companies in the world. On the website you can browse business incentives offered by different states and territories.
- Contact us at the U.S. Embassy (Office.Beijing@trade.gov) to discuss your interests and needs
- For investment in specific States in the USA, contact the Council of American States in China.
- For additional information on investing in the USA or working with U.S. companies, please see the U.S. Commercial Service’s China website in Chinese: http://www.buyusa.gov/china/index.asp
- For additional information in Chinese on U.S. service firms, please see: http://www.buyusa.gov/china/accessamerica/index.asp
For information regarding business visas please visit our Consular Section for detailed information.