The seventh round of the U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue, and the sixth round the U.S.-China High-Level Consultation on People-to-People Exchange concluded in Washington, DC June 24. These dialogues were led by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, U.S. Secretary of Treasury Jack Lew, Vice Premier Wang Yang, Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, and Vice Premier Liu Yandong.
The dialogues included participation from senior officials from across the two governments and presented an opportunity for both sides to hold in-depth discussions on major bilateral, regional, and global issues – from climate change to wildlife trafficking, from military relations to non-proliferation and anti-corruption, to promoting sustainable development, economic relations and education.
At the dialogue’s conclusion, Secretary of State Kerry said, “The dialogue that we’ve engaged in here really reflects a joint U.S.-China commitment to cooperate in areas of common interest and to seek constructive solutions where we have differences. The United States welcomes the emergence of a stable, peaceful, prosperous China that plays a responsible role in world affairs. There are very few global challenges that we could not better address through closer U.S.-China collaboration.”
The attached fact sheets and media notes highlight our progress on climate cooperation, development cooperation, and protecting and conserving the ocean.
For other important remarks and information on the U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue and High-Level Consultation on People-to-People Exchange, please follow the below links (in English):
- 2015 U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue Outcomes of the Strategic Track: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2015/06/244205.htm
- 2015 U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue Joint U.S.-China Fact Sheet – Economic Track: http://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/jl0092.aspx
- Remarks at the Joint Opening Session: http://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2015/06/244120.htm
- The Strategic and Economic Dialogue / Consultation on People-to-People Exchange Closing Statements: http://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2015/06/244208.htm
- The Strategic and Economic Dialogue / Consultation on People-to-People Exchange Joint Press Availability: http://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2015/06/244209.htm
- The Strategic and Economic Dialogue / Consultation on People-to-People Exchange (Deputy Secretary Blinken Remarks at Plenary Session): http://www.state.gov/s/d/2015/244199.htm
- Secretary Kerry delivers remarks on climate cooperation: https://www.flickr.com/photos/statephotos/18902043599/
- Secretaries Kerry and Lew with State Councilor Yang Jiechi and Vice Premier Wang Yang, with Chef Armstrong, at Mount Vernon: https://www.flickr.com/photos/statephotos/18900646590/